Deciding what social networks on which to create profiles for either yourself or your business can be frustrating. Here’s a little list to help you jumpstart your imagination and creativity for your social media and content strategy.
Author’s Note: This list is not exhaustive, and is subject to revisions.
- Aerospace industry – Google+. Large STEM communities.
- Agriculture – Pinterest + Instagram. Recipe Pins = Food Porn.
- Chemical/Pharmaceutical industry – LinkedIn. More professional engagement. For an example as to why, visit Abbott Labs’ struggling Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts (albeit they are very late to the party).
- Computer Software industry – LinkedIn definitely, Reddit maybe. It ultimately depends on how much time you’re willing to devote to building a community around your product.
- Construction industry – Pinterest + Instagram. With Pinterest, you have architecture, home décor, and outdoor categories to choose from, so start taking some pictures of your work and getting it out there.
- Entertainment industry – SoundCloud/YouTube/Twitch. There’s plenty of visibility for new entertainment personalities.
- Financial services industry – Stick to LinkedIn. For words of warning, just check out JP Morgan’s Twitter fail.
- Food industry – See Agriculture industry.
- Health care industry – Facebook/Google+. Again, the success of these depend on the effort that you make on building a community.
- Hospitality industry – Pinterest + Instagram. Go ahead and show off your accommodations.
- Insurance industry – LinkedIn. Content + social selling.
- Manufacturing – Pinterest/Instagram/Wanelo if you’re a consumer-facing company. LinkedIn if you’re a business-facing.
- Mass media
- Web design service industry – Dribbble/Behance + Pinterest.